The LBIC community and other organizations from different communities have noticed that Knowledge of the Quranic language has become weak. The main reason for this is that there is no specific institution that specializes in the teaching of the Qur'an. Despite the efforts of most Islamic Schools that teach Arabic and Quran Classes, our community is still lacking a central source to establish themselves as students of the Quran. The Quranic Academy will take the lead to bridge the gap between student to scholar and fortify the weaknesses of the language of the Quran. Its primary educational responsibility would be to:
- Make sure that our students are literate in the Arabic language
- Teach our students the proper Tajweed with Qira'at of the Quran
The art and science of reading the words with their correct pronunciation, phonetics, & recitation of the Holy Quran
- Teaching the Tafseer, or interpretation, of the Quran
- Teaching the knowledge of the Qur'an.
- Teaching the Scientific Miracle of the Qur'an itself with detailed examinations of miracles found within the Quran’s Holy Verses.
- To grant Sanad (record of the chain of narration linking back to Prophet Muhamad, peace be upon him) to our students who have memorized the Quran.
The Qur'anic Academy will use short and long-term courses so that students are able to study under a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the community. The curriculum of the Quranic Academy has been designed by the experts and trusted Professors of the Ulama (Islamic Scientists). Pending proof of our facility, graduates of the Quranic Academy will earn degrees approved by an Islamic University (Al Azhar).